Old Dominion University’s Park, Recreation and Tourism Studies Program to Facilitate Focus Group
Hello AORE Members,
AORE has partnered with Old Dominion University's Park, Recreation and Tourism Studies program to facilitate focus group sessions with AORE members to understand contemporary issues and training needs for outdoor recreation professionals. These focus groups are intended to allow for a discussion among a diverse range of outdoor recreation professionals regarding the challenges and issues you face in your work and the resources needed to address them.
Focus group members will be given information about informed consent, the scope of the study, and will be facilitated through one of two Zoom session on March 4th (1230-130 PM ET) or 11th (430-630 PM ET). A reminder will be sent prior to the focus group session and confirmation of attendance is highly recommended. Following the focus group, we kindly request members to complete a brief demographic questionnaire.
- Intention: Interested members, please complete this Focus Group Form.
- Interested volunteers can contact AORE staff or ODU researchers to understand the expectations, commitment, and responsibilities for this position.
Estimated time commitment:
- Participating in one focus group = 1.5 hour commitment
- Demographic questionnaire = 30 minutes
- Total hours of commitment = 2 hours
In return for your committed volunteer service we promise:
- There will be an open door to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- We will provide clear communication about the needs and issues relevant to AORE.
If interested in participating, please fill out the following Focus Group Form
to choose a meeting date and time.
For more information about this focus group opportunity or the utilization of data, please contact Chris Zajchowski at email@example.com.
We will aim to have membership segments represented by voices in the following categories and ranges:
- West Coast (CA, OR, WA, AK, HI)
- Inter-Mountain (AZ, NV, ID, MT, WY, CO, NM, UT)
- North Central (ND, SD, NE, IA, MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, MI)
- South Central (KS, OK, TX, LA, AR, MO)
- Southeast (MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, WV, KY, TN)
- Northeast (PA, MA, DC, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, ME, NH, VT, MD)
- I work for the military
- I work in a college/university
- I work with/as a for-profit educator
- I work with/as a non-profit educator
- I work for the state/federal government
YEARS OF SERVICE IN OUTDOOR OR RELATED FIELD
CURRENT MEMBERSHIP LEVEL
- Gender non-conforming or Genderqueer
- Man or Male or Masculine
- My gender identity is not listed here
- Prefer not to answer
- Transgender Man or Male or Masculine
- Transgender Woman or Female or Feminine
- Woman or Female or Feminine
- Aspiring/Student Professional
- Student Supporter